Wednesday, April 15, 2009

4/15/09

Tax day. Yech. That will be one of my first acts this morning (8:47 am) - to get my taxes done, copy them at staples and then drop them at the post office. It is a pain in the ass but it only will take me about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to do them.

I just watched the video of Susan Boyle, the 47 year old Scottish woman who walked onto the stage of X Factor (British American Ido) and knocked everyone on their asses by singing a most amazing version of I Dreamed A Dream. She was dowdy, unattractive (but cheeky!) and audience members and judges alike were sneering.

Until she opened her mouth and the first notes came out and Simon Cowell looked like he'd been kicked in the nuts.

She wowed them, changed their minds and had them on their feet and cheering. What an amazing scene.

But more important - Susan Boyle had to know she wasn't a beauty, wasn't a slender young hip thing, and yet she marched out there with all the courage you could possibly imagine.

And I'm going to let THAT be a lesson to ME, too.

Stop wasting time. Stop wondering what if, stop letting excuses rule my life and kill MY dream.

I Dreamed a Dream, too. And I am the only one who can make it come true.

So there.

Off to work on my dream now (after I do my taxes).

No comments:

Post a Comment