Friday, April 10, 2009

04/10/09

I'm on VACATION! Officially at 5:30 I went on vacation (though I'm still at the office). Now, this may sound mundane, but for the 17 years I've worked here I've routinely spent hours after 5:30 cleaning up, getting all the last minute stuff that everyone felt they HAD to give me before I left, and making sure that my station was bee-u-tiful before I left.

But I'm DONE. Spotless, neat, organized, hip-hip-hooray!

A few minutes spent admiring my cubicle and I was a bit late for one train but will take the next, which is actually nicer anyway (more seats).

And since it is Good Friday everyone is gone gone gone from the office, it is silent except for my CD of The Drifters playing (ah, boy, does it take me back!) and I'm ready to pack up and head out.

The upcoming week - as is typical with me for April - will be spent gardening and preparing for my spring and summer gardens (flowers, perennials, herbs, vegetables and so forth). While I won't have unlimited time for writing, what this outdoor work does do is get the tension out. Works my muscles, keeps me out of doors with sun (PLEASE, PLEASE LET THERE BE SUN!) and fresh air and it all serves to clear out the wintery cobwebs of my mind, and set my creative juices flowing - just like the sap of the trees!

The blossoms on my Bradford Pear tree are set to spring open, just like the wealth of ideas and mental energy that will be freed when I head out the door, which is,

NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment