Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24, 2010 & Coping with LIRR Nonsense

I'm poised on the brink of yet another "first". My first query to an agent. I'm going to shoot the moon and query Trident Media. Not only do they rep several members of my local RWA chapter, but I have worked with them through my office, and so thought I could "name drop" a little - especially as we don't currently represent them anymore, so no one will get annoyed.

I figure that I can still continue to pitch to publishers - and will, though I've had to scratch Dorchester off my "potential" list, seeing as how they look to be crashing and burning - poor Chris Keeslar. A great guy, wonderful editor, enthusiastic dude and I'm sure he'll land on his feet, but it narrows my list.

Since some publishers say they take a year, or longer, to respond to even a query (though Baen wants you to submit the entire MS for consideration as a first step - which I'm a little feared of doing). So I'll have plenty of time while they consider, while I also try to find an agent. Perhaps then my "baby" can find the right editor, at the right house, as the right time!

Kismet!

No comments:

Post a Comment