Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18, 2010

Long time between posts for me and only now, with the Spring looming and some freakin' sun and warmth for a change (after 3 massive snowstorms and a nor'easter in March for crying out loud, not to mention ice storms, frigid temps, dark, gray, cold nastiness that led to post-apocalytpic nightmares and weird dreams) am I coming out of my mental and emotional hibernation.

I'm still plugging away on my edits and revisions to "Between a Rock & a Bad Place". I feel like the Scarecrow after the fight with the flying monkeys - bits and pieces of me all over the place - but I'm getting back together and am happy to report that I'm finding some good new "gems" of writing to move the book along.

I've found some super publishers to submit to (who take unagented queries) and even though I missed the first Liberty States conference (because of the nor'easter) my request for an appointment with the Grand Central Publishing editor who canceled anyway garnered me a letter of intro and her agreement to accept a full MS from those folks who requested appointments. So I can submit to her as soon as I've polished this sucker up!

I'm discovering lots of great new urban fantasy authors in my "research" at Barnes & Noble and on-line while hunting for the different publishers and imprints who do what my book is. Certainly better than studying for my organic chemistry final in college!

I'm holding out hope for an incredibly beautiful weekend so I can enjoy some time outside. Though I do have to do yard work (BIG TIME!) the physical labor is actually relaxing and uses up all that nudgy energy. And after a few chores I can grab my MS and sit in my favorite chair, soak up the rays and the Vitamin D and improve my glum mood and EDIT!

Then in just a few weeks I'm on vacation! By which time I hope to have some submissions/queries out and be ready to move on to the next project, which is my erotic romance suspense novel I'm going to do during the Liberty States "Mayke It Happen" May book in a month challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment