Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9, 2009

Well I've been working like a demon to get back to my OWN projects and find the time to focus on ME. I think that time has arrived!

I committed to blogging for Hearts' Seduced blog. Check. Then to the NYC blog. Check. I got the Stilleto entries done & sent. The HH contest sank. The L&L contest is on track (final judge, luring 1st round judges, 2 announcements out, the 3rd to go today). Though with only 2 entries and 3 weeks to go - well, I don't know.

Having witnessed so many chapter members' success in recent days I have redoubled my efforts to step out of the "supportive" spotlight and into a nice, dark corner where I can scribble away.

Tons of ideas, so I've picked one to focus on (enough of the timetables, lists, and other detritus of my life - I'm plowing through one project until it is done. Otherwise I'll get nowhere.

I canceled my attendance at the NJ conference (and received my refund which will be a big plus in this tough, tough month). I have no obstacles before me - except for the GAA event which is next week and then, mercifully, over. The october 1 deadline for the contest is the only thing looming and then distribution and then finis (more or less).

For now, I'm happy that the creative juices' faucet is running again. My Great Books Project is up and running. My WWII yahoo group is up (though jogging would be a more appropriate term, I think, than "running"). And I'm slowly stepping back from the weight of responsibility.

Good for me!

Anyway, I'm working on a project that's intriguied me for years. Going with what I "love" for now.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. It's wonderful to be supportive and get involved, but you have to remember that you have your own work to do. Go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the cheer, Danica - I'm really bad at putting myself first - that old personality flaw of trying to please everyone!

    And thank you for being a "follower"!

    ReplyDelete