Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 13, 2009

September 11 always bums me out, but this year, for some reason, more than usual. I'm not sure why.

I'm feeling restless and glum and as though my desire to write and be published as a romance author is a bit trivial. I know it isn't! I know that entertainment and books, reading, stories, and ideas are all wonderful things.

Just a momentary thing, I hope.

I'm repeating - like a desperate mantra - "only three more months; only three more months" until my Board duties can be abandoned and I can move on. Naturally I succumed to my pathological volunteerism and am now the non-running Board member sitting on the chapter election committee.

I hope that there are people who want to contribute - I really do. We'll see. Even though it will mean more work for me, I'd like to see a competition and see that there are people who think that donating some of their time and expertise is worthwhile for our chapter.

Tomorrow's Monday. I've had a sinus headache for a week and have written little, but have researched a lot. I'm trying to focus, take vitamins (lots of C) and get "back in the saddle" again so I can write.

Got my rewfund for the NJ conference which I am NOT attending because I don't have anything to pitch but also because there weren't sufficiently interesting editors attending. That may have changed, but now I'm focusing on a pair of vacation weeks during October when I can really hunker down.

O woe is me. Yeah, I know. Blah blah blah. I'll get over it. A good night's sleep and I'll be back in fighting shape.

Write happy (she says)!

No comments:

Post a Comment