Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday, September 5, 2010.

It is the third in a four day weekend, much to my sorrow. I have been productive, in a very non-writerly way. Perhaps a useful productivity - I have been culling (madly, insanely) all the materials, documents, papers, and "stuff" that has been accumulating over the last months (OK, I'll admit it, YEARS) while I was serving on RWA boards, trying to finish a novel and submit it, judging RWA contests and on and on. The result of 3 days is a good feeling of being unburdened, and the side discovery of all sorts of stories, ideas, and writings that I had "put away" and forgotten about.

There's nothing more thrilling than reading several pages and then recognizing that, holy smokes, I WROTE THAT! A nice little boost of confidence that, I hope, will see me through tomorrow as I wrap up this effort, and get started on the yard!

Despite the 4 days I have not addressed the short that I wanted to write for an anthology submission, nor did I read my novel again for any last, yes, again, tweaks before querying my "first choice" agent (who was not accepting queries until 9/7, so I WILL have my query ready to go at 12:01 Am on 9/7. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment