Friday, May 22, 2009

!

TGIF! A gorgeous day and I'm filled with inspiration. Having joined a number of non-RWA Yahoo groups dedicated to erotic romance, historial romance, historical fiction and World War II (mostly research there), I've got lots of creative juices sloshing around. I'm going to try not to let the nastiness as work get me down, and just get through the day so I can head home for the long weekend and relax, write, work out in the garden and generally chill.

My writing has suffered the last few months from frustration/depression/anxiety issues as well as from (gosh, what a surprise!) taking on too many volunteer responsibilities. The end of the road is in sight on that one, though, and I've SOOOOOO learned my lesson not to try to impress or garner friends by pitching in to do as much work as is humanly (or not) possible. It hasn't gotten me anywhere except into Aggravation Land and so I'll consider my 2 years of service for RWA groups, and 3 for NYC good enough.

Now it is off to the coal mines to toil for the day. Cool breezes and sun outside - ah, well. I guess I'd be outside if I was a ditch-digger, wouldn't I?

Happy Memorial Day.

Remember the brave men and women, soldiers, nurses, doctors, photographers, journalists, fliers, who have given their lives for our country and for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment